Friday, April 1, 2011

How to get stains out of laundry

I saw this article in a site that I check out from time to time (Couponing to Disney).  It tells you how to get stains out of laundry & it's so easy...I'm sure everyone reading this has the item needed in their house...read on!

When my daughter was first born it seemed like I was doing laundry several times a day just to keep up. I was frustrated with diaper blow outs. It seemed like nothing I was using would get the yucky stains out. So I did some research to see what I could do to get out the stains. To my surprise it was something I had already at home and didn’t cost a penny.
To get rid of baby blow out stains simply hand wash the stain with a bit of soap with COLD water. Hot water will set the stain. Then place the item in the sun to dry. The sun will make the stain disappear.
I know it sounds crazy. My mother-in-law was here from Italy and she is a wiz about cleaning. She irons your socks and underwear. Anyway, she wanted to throw out a onesie that was particularly bad. I told her how I was going to clean it and she looked at me like I didn’t know what I was talking about. After all, when you looked around my house it was not well kept since I was a bit sleep deprived and could care less about house work at the time. I was thrilled to prove that it worked. She was amazed!
I have put things out even when we have a ton of snow on the ground. Since the sun still comes out at some point during the day it still does the trick.
Hope I can save some moms time, money, and clothing by sharing this tip.
Do you have a money saving tip you’d love to see featured on Couponing to Disney? Be sure to email it to me!
Wanna learn how to save even more money? Be sure to read through all the Let’s Save Some Money posts. (from Couponing to Disney)

No comments:

Post a Comment